Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Typical Dinners for us!

A lot of friends ask me what I fix for dinner all the time? Do I follow one Paleo book over another? Honestly I have adapted lots of my recipes to fit a Paleo lifestyle. I will have to do more post on individual recipes, but for now here is an idea of what we eat on a weekly basis. The key to dinners I always say is plan your week out. On busy days try to make a meal in the crock pot so its ready for you. Or prep ahead of time so you can just throw it together and eat right away. I am going to give you two ideas of meals on a given day. That way essentially you will see that there are two weeks of meals in this post. You could arrange them on any day or in any order.

Monday:  

1. BLT's without the bread and Sweet Potato Fries: Bacon wrapped in lettuce with tomato, possibly avocado. For Liam because he can't digest lettuce I just give him bacon with cherry tomatoes with some other veggie like bell pepper or cucumber. He also has a generous portion of Sweet Potato Fries. For the fries I leave the skins on so they some of it is crunchy.

2. Turkey and Beef Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries. I will have to post the recipe I came up with for my Turkey Burgers soon. They are amazing. Even my husband prefers them to beef.

Tuesday:

1. Crock pot Marinara with Sausage or Meatballs served on Spaghetti Squash, Zucchini or Rice Noodles. Rice Noodles are not Paleo, but my kids really prefer them. Its a balancing act and since they don't upset Liam's tummy I tend to be a little lenient with them. With the Main course we will have a mixed Salad and sauted Green Beans or roasted Asparagus.

2. Crock Pot: BBQ Chicken ( Put Chicken in Crock Pot and put Barbecue sauce on top, let cook all day) side note make your own sauce or in a pinch I use one from Trader Joes that does not have a bunch of nasty ingredients in it. Side dishes with this meal are coleslaw and cut up pineapple along with green beans or another veggie

Wednesday:

1. Herb Roasted Whole Chicken baked with roasted Sweet Potatoes. We usually have roasted cauliflower, roasted Brussels Sprouts or a salad with it. After we eat the whole Chicken I then put it in the crock pot over night and make broth.

Thursday:

1. Taco's: Taco meat (turkey and beef) with sauted bell pepper and onions. We cut up avocado, cherry tomatoes, limes, and cilantro. I use lettuce leaves in place of taco shells. Usually serve with fruit

2. Carnitas (click on it for the best recipe) and shredded salsa Chicken (throw chicken in crock pot and dump favorite jar salsa on top and let cook all day)  have the same ingredients as taco night.

Friday:

1. Lemon Chicken (Barefoot Contessa recipe is amazing) serve with favorite vegetable and Salad.

2. Dairy Free Chicken Piccata served with steamed Artichokes and Lemon Kale Salad

Saturday:

1. Cobb Salad: I put everything in separate bowls and let my kids make it themselves. Liam eats everything but the lettuce. Our Salad consist of Mixed greens, hard boiled eggs, bacon, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, grilled chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper, almonds and cranberries. I make my own balsamic dressing for all my salads.

2. Asian Salad: Chicken fingers, butter lettuce and romaine lettuce, carrots, green onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, almonds and Asian dressing.

Sunday:

1. Leftover night

2. Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Canadian bacon or Sausage, Fruit, and Grain Free pancakes

Hope this helps give you some ideas!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thank you for sharing. It makes such sense to just rotate the same type of meals....I am trying to find my own rhythm with dinner! I am pretty consistent with breakfast and lunch, I struggle with dinner, though. You have motivated me to get going on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria Diarrhea.Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid, Autism, Penis enlargement,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. prodotti tipici toscani da regalare

    ReplyDelete