Monday, December 10, 2012

Chiropractic care and U.C.

I am a huge believer in chiropractic care. Not just for me, but for my whole family. We have the best Chiropractor in the world. She takes such good care of my family. I love that she doesn't hurt us and that she will be honest if we are not out of alignment. A couple of years ago my husbands back was killing him. He went in to see Kristy and she said "buddy you are completely fine, you just need to exercise and get those muscles moving and stronger". His response was "do I at least get 5 minutes from your massager?" Her response was "nope". That to me speaks volumes on if you have a good Chiropractor or not.  I have been to a few before finding Kristy who would adjust me no matter what and did not care if their patients were addicted to adjustments. Kristy is the first one to turn people down. I love her honestly and professionalism.

I got off a bit topic for a moment, now back to the reason for this post. I have been taking Liam to Kristy well before he was diagnosed with U.C. He was colicky and had constipation problems when he was a baby. She was the only one who could give him relief. At first it freaked me out at the thought of anyone twisting my kid up like a pretzel and cracking him. I talked to Kristy in great lengths. She explained everything to me and was so gentle with him. He never cried, but in fact got super giddy after his adjustment. He would have anywhere from an hour to a day and eventually weeks of  relief. Eventually he outgrew his colick and the  problems went away.

When he was diagnosed with UC we asked her is she could help him. She said "I think it's worth a shot, don't you?" So once again we started seeing her and 99 percent of the time, he was all twisted in his lower spine. After an adjustment his diarrhea would not go away, but it definitely would lessen. His tummy aches would get better too.  I am all for doing whatever to make him just feel slightly better even if it's only for a day or two. Recently I found a great article. Its a good read, so feel free to check it out.

http://totalhealthsystems.com/do-you-have-ulcerative-colitis-or-any-other-form-of-inflammatory-bowel-disease-–-we-can-help-dr-rose-minkiewicz-dc-staff-chiropractic-physician-at-total-health-systems-of-macomb-county/

1 comment:

  1. Chiropractic care is quite helpful for several conditions. Its effectivity lies with its natural and drug-free approach. But even if it's effective, one must still find a good chiropractor to ensure that they’re getting the best out of every treatment. It's good that you found one that you can trust. Now you’re confident that your family will get the rightful treatment whenever they need. Take care!

    Joan Stevens @ Stringer Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete